Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Thursday, April 9, 2009

BEAUTIFULLY Interrupted by Holy Spirit

How wonderful it is to be interrupted by Holy Spirit led worship! While making a pot of decaf and preparing to sit on my living room floor for a night of reading, soaking and receiving, the presence of the Holy Spirit was so thick in the atomsphere that I unexpectedly began to sob and speak in tongues hanging off the corner of my counter... for what exactly, I don't know, but my sense is simply a heart-to-heart connection my Father wanted me to have with Him.

I soon sensed that love I was receiving was the same love, out of the same heart, for the brokenhearted and disenfranchised throughout the nations. It wasn't long before I found myself walking over to my refrigerator and laying hands on the little boy I sponsor through Compassion International and praying over him in tongues.

Eventually, when I was able to stand again I walked over to my floor, picked up my book and tried to finish an open book test.... when three minutes later I found myself crying in the spirit receiving more of my Father's lavish love being poured over me abundantly. He wasn't done yet! Incredbily overwhelmed by the power of His love I found myself curling up in a ball beside my couch as I wept for a brief time. His presence and love was all over the room and I felt Him very tangibly! As I heard Him ask me to consecrate Easter weekend solely to Him I gladly accepted and He said He had so much MORE He plans to rain over me. Our beautiful moment ended with Him saying this weekend will be the best date weekend I've ever had!

His love is truly powerful! Without even realizing it I relinquished all control-- giving up my agenda for the evening to be interrupted by my loving Daddy. There is NO ONE who can offer me what only He can and there is no one who can cause love to awaken in my heart like He can and has. These encounters leave me not only feeling like the most precious, beautiful and valuable Daughter in the whole wide world, but they empower me to freely love with the love I have freely received. And that, is a gift I never want to stop giving.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.