Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Thursday, July 5, 2007

GOD IS FAITHFUL TO THE FAITHFUL!

I sit here amazed. Ugh-MAZED.

How can the God of all the earth be SO good to me?

One of the dishes on my plate in regards to moving to VA is the fact that I'd be breaking my current condo lease (I just moved in here this January). If another tenant wasn't lined up by the time I leave on 7/31, I'd be responsible for the full rent each month until the landlord found someone. Not to mention, this particular condo was advertised for rent for three months before I found it; landlord said he had a terrible time trying to rent it. Not a pleasant thought for a woman breaking the lease.

The Lord knew my concern. I reminded Him quite often of my remaining faithful to His will despite the "appearance" of the entire transition. Nothing about moving to VA was in plain view for me to see, but I KNEW Regent was His will for me and since it was, I believed He wouldn't leave me hanging with loose ends when I went.
So, I didn't fret about it. I didn't cry about it. I simply told Him I knew this was His will for my life and I was trusting Him to have someone lined up to take the place.
Meanwhile, people surrounding me were becoming worried that I'd be "stuck" with paying rent for a place I won't be living in. I couldn't understand that. How can someone else be worried about the Lord not fulfilling His promises to me? What they didn't understand is that I knew all along my hands didn't belong on the steering wheel, so I didn't go there.
Not a single fiber in my being was concerned about someone NOT renting my place-it was only a matter of time. I knew my God and I knew his faithfulness.

I get a phone call today from the landlord, who tells me he found a nice couple who are willing to move in 8/1! He cleared their credit and 775 now belongs to them!

Didn't I tell you God is faithful!!!!!!! You can't tell me He doesn't listen to our earnest pleas and concerns! Don't tell me He doesn't have a plan lined up for our lives! All it requires is that we humbly seek His face and desire His will above our own... who knew it could be so simple?

For the first time, like ever, I'm speechless!

2 comments:

Me :) said...

I'm glad- that once again the righteousness are not forsaken. I think the more we trust God the more His hands aren't tied by our finite thought. PRAISE GOD FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS..
May God be with you in your move!

Anonymous said...

Blessed be the faithful. He always sends us in the right direction. I am so happy for you.

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.