Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, July 2, 2007

My Speeding Ticket

Soooo... after driving seven hours from va beach home I reach the wonderful town of... home. I was completely exhausted and all I wanted to do was get home and sleep. Work the next day was going to be a NIGHTMARE because I missed the first day of the month, which is filled with new reports to do. But, I realized I forgot to call my aunt back so when I was in town I called her while I was driving. Big mistake.

I was less than a mile from home and was still in interstate driving mode (doing 70-75 the entire way home). I finally hit the rural area of my neighborhood, a road that I rarely drive on, and totally forgot the speed limit drops to 25... I was clocked doing 50 in a 25.As I gulped down the warm diet coke that I had almost finished from my Mickey D stop I said to my mom "aaahhh, you're KIDDING me, right??????? well, it's okay, I'm sure I'll get a warning."Uh, no. Try a $167 speeding ticket instead.

I figured the cop didn't want to hear my sap story about how my foot was still intuitively glued to the gas pedal, so I shut my mouth, took the citation and said "thanks, officer." Then, tired, emotional me wept a few tears on my way home, remained discouraged over the fact that I would have to pull from my college savings to pay this and it wasn't until five minutes ago I started to see the "bright" side of things, since there's always one to every situation.

God whispered, "Kellie, you have your health. You have a house. You have food. You have family. You have a job. You have A FUTURE. It's not necessary to be worrysome about a ticket. Take the lesson, pay it and move on." I was reminded of the parable Jesus references in regards to paying taxes. "Give to Ceasar what is Ceasars." The moral of this story is, I screwed up and I have a consequence. I can either choose to dwell on it and cause my body stress, or I can accept that I acted like a fool, pay my dues and move on. It all comes down to a choice. It's THAT simple.

As usual, it took me some time to hear from Him, only because I shut Him out of some things, mostly "the small things", thinking they're not important enough to include Him in. Boy is THAT wrong thinking! I realized, UGH-GEN, when I include the Lord in EVERY situation and circumstance I'm able to see His way out and it's ALWAYS better than mine.

OMG! As I was finishing the last sentence on here I heard a doorbell. Marcy came to my room and said "dude the cops are after you!!!" (hahaha i can laugh about it now cause its funny) i'as like "what?!" sure enough, a cop was at my door... he told me to call the officer who pulled me over. Something was wrong on the citation. He said it could be in or out of my favor.I called and was told my citation was $30 more than it should have been because I was doing a 50 in a 35 instead of a 25. WOAH! Thanks Lord!!!! $30 is $30 I can now use to fill up my tank that I was concerned about! haha the Lord is SO good!!!! He is a God of MERCY! I learned my lesson and He STILL remained faithful to provide for my needs! This is what happens when you include Him in EVERYTHING! :)

2 comments:

Sanna said...

That is awesome. The Lord really shows his faithfulness in all situations.

Unknown said...

wow, i can't even tell you how much i needed to hear that.

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.