Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Speechless!

Okay… I can NOT contain myself anymore! I am beyond words at this point! These past two weeks have taken me from carriage ride to cloud nine! And I think you’ll soon understand why…

But first, you wanna know why I refuse to believe God doesn’t answer the dreams you dreamt when you were 6?! Or answered the wee little prayer you prayed before you went to bed when you were 15?! Because He breathes life into dead dreams, especially the ones you wanted to keep believing for but purposefully suppressed because you thought there would NEVER be any chance that they would actually be fulfilled. I’ve got news for you… God knows your dreams! He implanted them in you! And I don’t doubt for a moment that He wants to answer them! He may take 17 years, but He answers dreams! I am living proof!

It all started two weeks ago when I had the opportunity to meet and talk with a presidential candidate (see photo albums). What a memorable blessing! That was Monday...

Tuesday, I had a marvelous conversation with the horsemanship director at a local ranch, who said he would love to have me at the ranch any time I wanted. He would teach me everything I ever wanted to know about horses and how to properly ride… for FREE. (The only thing that stopped me from learning to ride when I was younger was *money*… I continued to dream about being on the ranch my entire life hoping that “one day” I’d have the opportunity…) I now joyfully spend my Saturdays at the ranch in my favorite clothes (comfy old jeans, cowboy boots and my good ol’ fashioned JEAN jacket) taking care of God’s BEAUTIFUL creation of horses, and learning to properly ride. Someday I hope to show! Oh, and I also get to jump around in the mud… an added bonus ;)(Dream #1 fulfilled)

Wednesday, I found out I was for sure going to Africa for about two weeks this summer.
(Dream #2 fulfilled)

Thursday, I got a random phone call from a good friend who works for the Journalism department at Regent. He was impressed with my writing and offered me, an undergrad, a part-time position as the editor of Focus Magazine (a graduate student magazine). Not only will I gain experience, but I get to set my own hours, my good friend is my boss, and this will look flllyyyyyy on my resume!

Thursday night I found out a genocide survivor from Rwanda was speaking at Regent! (Rwanda is the nation on my heart that I find myself weeping over A LOT, especially these past four months. I have a burden for the people who suffered the genocide) I went to see him, talked with him, and went to hear him give his powerful testimony again the following Monday. This man miraculously escaped the Hutu’s who chased him with machetes... UNBELIEVABLE!

The following Monday I got a random phone call from a woman who works at CBN. Someone contacted her and said I had an extremely powerful testimony that she might be interested in. I shared it with her over the phone and she asked me if I would be willing to be interviewed to share my story on the 700 Club. Have the opportunity to inspire others who are suffering with the same pain I once experienced? Um, YEAH!

Tuesday, I had lunch with my cousin’s wife, who in the middle of our conversation mentioned her sister-in-law and her husband were moving to RWANDA this summer. I will probably have an opportunity to spend some time there... You cannot possibly imagine the depth of the love I have for the people who suffered the genocide… and the orphans that were left… I have been yearning to go for months! THIS IS HUGE!!!!

Tuesday night I received a phone call asking if I was free to host the Reel Street Review show on Wednesday night (which I normally blog for and work crew for). I’ve only wanted to be on camera since I was about 7 years old… ! I had the opportunity to shoot my first “professional” show… and actually have an audience other than myself and my sister haha... 17 years after I first dreamt it. (Dream #3 fulfilled)

AND... I was invited to the 700 Club’s “Living the Life” show tomorrow afternoon. I get to stand with the producers and watch them run the show. Even more importantly for me, I can learn from Terry! I’m sure I’ll get to meet some phenomenal people!

...so, what does Friday hold? ;)

…You cannot tell me God doesn’t fulfill dreams, IN ABUNDANCE!!!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.