Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Neverending Heartbeat

More and more I am finding myself flat on my face weeping for God's people who have yet to encounter Him. This morning a random blast of the Holy Spirit fell on me and I was weeping so hard I could barely breathe. I kept asking for more... I wanted more of God's heart and He gladly gave it to me. Even now I am still crying, feeling God's compassion for "Nineveh", those living far from His purpose. All I can see are people making decision after decision thinking they will be led to fulfillment, led to happiness, led to life without misery. I interceeded for those in the sex slave trade, abortion, and the small villages of people in the heart of every nation who have never heard the love story of a Father in pursuit of them. Papa kept showing me that His eyes have never left them.

Last night I had a dream of God, as an enormous man sitting beside and hovering over a regular sized house. His eyes were on the entire house, and his arm was surrounding it. He looked nowhere but that house, His presence was surrounding it and in it like the Protector that He is. I woke up with a deep sense of comfort that God was saying His eyes never leave His people and He is never too far away. It's written throughout scripture that God is always surrounding us whether we respond to Him or not. He kept showing me His deep-rooted love for His people. It runs deeper than the surface and conquers all fear.

I had such a sweet and powerful encounter with Daddy this morning. Feeling His heartbeat is worth more than anything I have or even desire. This is the whole purpose of my being--to know and live God's heart. And it's why I'm willing to give everything up to share the Gospel all over the world. Third Day sings Love Song, a song from the perspective of Jesus to His people. But I sing it back to Jesus today... "just to be with You, I would give everything... I would give my life away... there's no price I would not pay..."

1 comment:

Dr.T.Smith said...

I truly understand the love and gift God grants us all, and I feel he is developing you to do more then just sing songs, but to sing lives to his kingdom. You are truly a person of thought, and I like to read more of what you have to say. God Bless
The Reverend.

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.