Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Old has gone, New has Come

Okay so I know I shouldn't be blogging right now when I have a million other things to do but I'm burnin' up here and gotta spill ;)

I feel like I'm in another genre of transition, amongst the other change that's happening right now. My desire to be with those "my" age has significantly decreased. It began stirring when I finished my summer session at Regent. I found myself "over" 18-20 year old freshman who had heavy metal Christian concerts at midnight and would rather play in the laundry carts outside, watch T.V., or do other teenager-like things that normal college freshman do rather than talk about what God is doing in their life. I always wanted that "dorm" experience, but I guess when I was 18, not 23.

This past fall my friend/pastor took over the young adult ministry and we got an entirely different group of young adults. Praise God! I love the vision behind the ministry, but I'm not as passionate/purposeful about seeking relationships with this crew. I'm just kinda over "young adults" even though I am one. Somewhat a catch 22, I know.

The past 6 months I have found myself with an entirely different group of believers--those in their late 20s, early 30s. I've poured out in ministry so much the past few years and have loved it, but the Lord knew I had a deep hunger for knowledge, insight and understanding in Him and it could only be fed by those a bit more mature in the Lord. Especially now I want to have deep conversations about the things of God, I want to grow deeper in my understanding of certain leadership qualities, spiritual gifts and cross-cultural missions.

So, there ya have it. I want to stay open to opportunities to be with the young adults, but I believe the Lord is primarily transitioning me out and gearing me in towards those a few years ahead of me. I'm about to hit the field for a bit and it "ain't 'gon be easy", so I need wisdom and instruction like never before.

Lord, thank you for your divine imprints in my life. Thank you for the calling and mantle you've placed over me. Continue bringing others into my life who will speak truth and wisdom into areas I may not pay attention to detail. Surround me with those who will teach, instruct and guide me with a servant heart. I ask for a renewed and refreshed vision as I encounter these 28-35yr old believers. May I keep my eyes fixed on You but learn the lessons they've learned the hard way and enjoy a new season of deep fellowship. Amen!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Keep up the good work, girl! God is going to do amazing things with all that knowledge :)

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.