Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Seeking and Finding

Seeking and Finding

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 10:19pm

After hearing some disappointing news tonight I decided to change my plans, fast and pray and go to a young adult prayer meeting… specifically for young adults and the deception the enemy is using to blind them and keep them in darkness.

I was crying out to God, calling forth the Kingdom of God in this generation, asking Him to bring breakthrough where there is warfare and an awakening to hearts. I asked Him to open the blind eyes; revive spirits again; bring revelation, and as I was asking Him to wake young adults from their slumber to His purposes and by His Spirit cause them to resist temptation, I saw a very clear image of Jesus raising a man from the dead. I heard God say, “Kellie, this is what is happening. I am bringing back to life those who have fallen asleep. I am recharging and reclaiming your generation in this time. And this will continue.”

Whew, what a scoop of hope! He's already doing it. And His power is the only way it will be done. My impatience so desperately wants people to “GET IT” and run with it (an intimate, dynamic relationship with God), and can’t understand how they can’t want to go deeper with God, or seek godly disciples to teach them how to go deeper, after hearing the Word. I am grieved by complacency. I understand relationships take time to establish and build trust, and God has His timing for everything, (I am living proof) but my prayer is for God to stir hearts so much that we can physically see young adults and every generation seeking God wholeheartedly and pursuing a radical relationship with Him. I want to see transformation and intercession. My heartcry is for people to experience deep intimacy with God—an undying hunger to know and encounter their tangible God. Everything else follows. I want to see ordinary people living extraordinary lives. God is a God who loves to woo, and I want people to know and experience Him in a foreign way.

Some say I’m a little too radical, others that I’m a little too intense, and some may think I may be a little too “expectant”. Or, maybe I am just that in love with my Savior that I can’t help but believe in the unseen and for the seemingly impossible, and risk it all for the cause of Heaven. The way I see it—I was created to worship God; I long to do everything I see my Creator do and be all that I see my Creator being. 20 years of my life were wasted away, then they were restored, by a loving God who pursued me and finally received an answer in response. I refuse to let another day be ordinary.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.