Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fighting to fight the good fight Continued...

In conjunction with the previous post...

I find it so interesting that before I laid down for bed I ended up in the Word again and God suddenly brought me here:

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Hebrews 4:14-16

Even more amazing, in response to my words about persevering, the Lord showed me this:
"And since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
Hebrews 10:21-25

Amen! I am SO thankful the Lord knows exactly how I feel! More than that, He's there for me to approach and if I approach with confidence He will be generous enough to supply me with mercy and grace to pull me through...

(2nd scripture)
Then I'm encouraged to have full assurance of faith; reminded of his faithfulness; encouraged again by counsel to meet with the body; then to encourage and be encouraged.

Woooooah! I think God is speaking to me about this battle with spiritual warfare! AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN! What a marvelous God... who is like Him?!?!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.