Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Thursday, August 2, 2007

How do you title something like this?

Who ever said transition=change was SO right.

I move to Virginia Beach three days ago to live on-campus and EVERY thing changes. Of course I'm happy because I'm unpacked, my sleeping and eating schedule is back on track and I'm back to getting buff in the fitness center, but more than that, God is showing Himself to me in the most profound way. I'm completely captivated.

I'm already an all-the-time pray-er, but tonight as I was praying for some people I noticed that my prayer life has dramatically climaxed... I'm praying words I've never prayed before and and for people I've never prayed for before-people I barely know and some I've never met. It's clearly evident the Holy Spirit is at work because there's no way I could have came up with those prayers, let alone know who I was praying for and why. They seem to be getting more dynamic, without my even knowing it.

To the re-heeeeaallly cool part...
Halfway through my prayer I realized I had closed my eyes (other than morning prayer, I just talk to the Lord while I'm doing things and driving so I don't close my eyes) and my mouth kept going, but my head was trying to play catch up. It was such a unique experience; I was on the inside looking out at my body through my inside eyes, watching the Holy Spirit guide my every word. The entire time I was thinking "oh my gosh, this isn't you praying! this isn't you!", yet my mouth was still praying for these precious people I so dearly love. It was incredible!

I've had one other similar scenario, where I saw myself on the inside of my body looking out thinking "Wait, what did you say? Slow down!" It reminds me of the baby penguin in the movie, Happy Feet. He was talking while he was inside the egg, yet his shell was doing his own thing dancing around every where until its breakthrough reached and the shell finally cracked. This happened to me and my "crack" was closing prayer in tongues. What a phenomenal experience!

Since I've been walking with Christ I have recognized the power of the supernatural, but what lies behind the capacity of my understanding, in the "known" realm, is realizing I'm living in God's presence all the time. It's more evident and understood during times of complete surrender and when my faith is simply stirred thinking of His marvelous ways. Only then do I slip into "awe" mode, pondering why the God of all the Earth even cares to extend that kind of intimacy to me.

After little thought I came to the conclusion that this is the Lord speaking for and using me as an intervention for his lost sheep. My temporary response is silence-I mean, what do you say to a God who works so powerfully in you? Once the "awe" phase begins to unfold a little I'm able to offer thanksgiving for the level of intimacy Jesus freely extends. I understand that I am not created to understand the depth of His love, and it goes hand-in-hand with the reason I cannot fathom why He chooses to use me as a divine instrument in expanding the Kingdom, but one thing is for sure: the GREATNESS of our God reigns!

Perhaps the most astonishing element of this encounter with Jesus is that it came during communication with Him. God speaks when we don't, but he surely speaks when we do, too. All I did was approach Him with a humble, pure heart and present the requests I had at the time, for a few people I love. That extended into praying for the salvation of my friends and family. Before I knew it, the Holy Spirit was making His grand entrance through my mouth. I've said this before, but who knew it could be so simple to be led by the Lord? The power of the Holy Spirit is as active today as He was two thousand years ago!

On a personal note, what I find interesting is that these supernatural experiences have blossomed over these past few days while living on campus. There isn't a doubt in my mind God has called me to Regent University and I've pondered how my relationship with Him would grow, develop and prosper while here. Well, whew! I guess He's showing me early!

I gotta tell ya, I'm convinced Regent is spiritually anointed, beyond our wildest expectations! The Lord's hand is upon every person here! Supernatural things are happening and will continue to happen on this campus. I see it. I feel it. I hear it. I taste it. I'm experiencing it. God is here and He's actively pursuing us, calling us and leading us to a higher place of maturity in Him. I fully believe there are miracles God wants to bring about: revivals, baptisms, whole-hearted surrender, healing and more! I believe there are new spiritual gifts He's about to pour on His precious children in this generation! How exciting! Praise God!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.