Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, September 8, 2008

Beyond words!!!




Who, besides Jesus, knew my day would be THIS amazing... All morning I was thinking that since I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30am this morning that my day today would be off track and unproductive. hah, WRONG!

A family that I simply adore blessed me with some money today. It caught me competely off guard! (I have no money, but the Lord continues to impress hearts to cover me financially!) I graciously thanked them and began praising God, but as soon as I got to my car I found myself in tears. The love of Jesus began to flood my car and I just couldn't stop thanking Him for loving me as He does, giving me relationships and providing for my needs. (Earlier this morning I had to go to the Chiropractor because of a minor horse incident, and because I don't have health insurance I had to pay the full price for a visit. The money I received today from that family covered that bill and left me with $2 extra!)

This afternoon my church invited me to spend a few days in North Carolina teaching, preaching, and ministering to a large group of students from Norfolk Christian. They're going for a retreat and I was asked to lead some sessions. What an amazing opportunity!

Since my heart is so incredibly stirred to preach the Gospel and to do ministry this year, I volunteered at an Elder Care home. I love, respect and adore the elderly and am thrilled to play games, spend time with them and allow Jesus to minister to them through my serving. After telling the coordinator that I work at Triple-R, she introduced me to the man who helped prepare the ground for the ranch to be built over 50 years ago! He goes there almost every day! It was such an honor to meet him and share the good news of what's happening at the ranch these days. His face lit up and He could not wipe the smile off His face while we were talking. He said he had been wondering for years how the ranch was doing. Small world, maybe; divine appointment, absolutely!

I left, and headed to the library to do some research for some younger girls I'm mentoring and coaching when my dad called. He asked how I was doing financially, if I'd found a job yet and if I was holding up okay. I told him the million ways God has provided for me through people bringing me food, cooking for me and taking me out, along with receiving checks from friends and family. He said he has been PRAYING for us (he believes, attends church every once in a while, but doesn't read the Bible or have a close relationship with God) for finances, and had a similar financial blessing today! After installing a dish for a family, the father slipped a $100 bill in his pocket. Dad goes, "Kel it was amazing! But you know why I think God blessed me?" I smiled and said (having a pretty good idea why--God was answering my prayer for Him to hunger the Word of God) "why, Dad?" He said, "Because I've been reading Bible stories lately. I started to read the Bible! It's changing me, I can't believe it! God is amazing; I never really realized it until now. But He really is!" I said "wow, Daddy!!! Praise God!!! You're experiencing what you were created to experience--intimacy with God! He promises to reward those who seek Him! You are being rewarded!!" He agreed, and just hearing the joy in his voice was enough to melt my heart! I knew he was finally getting to know and feeling the presence of Jesus.(When I was home for Gram's funeral God impressed this verse on me, very strongly: it's when Jesus says to the people 'Away from me, I never knew you' in response to them asking if they'll go to heaven by eating and drinking in His presence and having Him teach in their streets--Luke13:25-27-- I shared it with Dad in a conversation about how I'm concerned for my grandfather's salvation, and his face turned white. He was in absolute shock. He couldn't believe Jesus would turn you away at the gate of heaven if you didn't have a relationship with Him. I watched the Word of God touch his heart powerfully, and began praying for God to give my dad an earnest desire to seek His face, and READ HIS WORD. Every day I've been praying for him to develop an undying hunger to read it, even in the middle of the night)
So, Dad is not only believing; he is now praying, reading the Bible and attending church regularly! MY DAD, who never wanted to hear about Jesus while I was growing up and even when I was saved myself, gave His life to Jesus and is living for Him now!!! But thats not it... my mom is affirming me and encouraging me in ways I have always yearned! She wrote me a letter that said "Keep being optimistic about a job. God is good and faithful. Stay after Him, He has been good to you, honey"...my MOM, who is now watching CBN every day (I didn't encourage her to watch Christian television at all, she sought it herself), and telling me how good God is... who is inching closer and closer to salvation every day. AND, after several conversations with my sister about the Lord, how to KNOW Him, and experience His best, she has finally made the decision to leave behind an abuser of three years, is making healthy and good decisions again, is taking care of her kids, and is moving forward with her life.People.... these are my once passive parents, my "athiest" sister... my FAMILY who only a few years ago wanted NOTHING to do with God! They didn't want to hear me talk about Him! My steadfast prayers for three years have been answered!!!! It's time to rejoice even more!!!!

All of this is confirmation of sooo many passions of my heart. I thought I heard God say months ago that He wanted me to set my education aside for a year and that He had ministry prepared for me this year. Part of me wasn't sure if I heard Him right because of how I felt about not leaving college until I was finished, yet there was a deep calling to ministry I felt incredibly pressed to follow. Even though I wasn't 100% sure of what God had planned, I chose to pull out of school, pray and remain open to ministry opportunities. Obviously, with the elder care home, women's life group I'm helping to lead this year (which I KNOW is going to be extremely powerful), mentoring relationships with younger girls, ministry opportunities in other states and even overseas (I'm likely doing short term missions again this year... that's in the works!), Jesus confirmed that yet again I did hear His voice, and His plan for my life in ministry is becoming clearer every day ;)

Jesus continually leaves me in awe! Every single day. His ways are so obvious and evident. They're right in front of our face, especially through His creation! I will never stop telling the world about Him. There is no other way to live except with and for Him! Walking in the Spirit is an extraordinary gift!....I did have to chuckle and ask the Lord why He loves to leave me in awe of Him daily. You know what He said? That He loves to see the excitement on the face of a child whose heart is pure, whose faith moves mountains, and whose continuous testimony reveals His glory. I am totally that crazy, giddy girl who jumps up and down, in circles, and screams the praises of my King when He reveals Himself to the lost, orchestrates miracles and answers prayer! I'm pretty sure He enjoys and delights in it ;)

Revival is in our midst! You must never loose hope in prayer! More often than not, you are growing during your prayer time, into a mighty man or woman of FAITH. Whatever you are praying for and waiting for, KEEP praying and KEEP waiting! The prayer of a righteous man is both powerful and effective! So hit the floor and PRAY! In the meantime, be sharing God's love, His Word and the hope of Jesus Christ. It'll build your own faith while encouraging others. Get where it's quiet and where you can hear God's voice. He speaks not in the wind and chaos, but His voice often comes in a whisper. Saturate yourself in His Word, whether you like it right now or not, discipine yourself and ask God to give you a deep love and hunger for it. God's waiting to woo you in ways you've never been wooed before! Get closer!!!!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.