Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Packed up the Africa clothes... finally

Well, we finally got the clothes for Africa organized and placed in bins. Whew! We are only a month and a half late and off schedule ;)

Anna, myself, Matt and Steve went through about 20 garbage bags of clothing yesterday that I collected to ship overseas for the people of Macha, Zambia. After spending two weeks in the villages of Macha and seeing the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of the people, I couldn't help but be stirred to love in action--to do something about what I saw. While I can't be there to disciple new believers and spread the Gospel, I know God has our friend, Jon, there for many reasons, and I know that from the city of Virginia Beach I can send tangible things to help offset some needs.

We had some fun finishing this project! Some of the items we found in the bags were quite interesting, to say the least ;) Between laughing at Steve adding strange, orange clothing to his outfit and me throwing the boys clothes to Matt (which mistakingly kept landing on his head), and the "mexican soda" joke we entertained, I had to basically command myself to breathe! It was good to have a good laugh with friends while doing something productive, though. I can always count on this crew to get two jobs well done ;)

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.