Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, June 18, 2007

Will you be a part of my Victory? Part 1

These are a few wall posts I had on facebook while I was experiencing THE WORLD and it's influence while trusting the Lord about Regent! Sometimes my spirit get's so fired up for what the Lord is up to that I just start speaking to the world - you'll see a touch of that at the end!

Woo-hoo! This is good stuff! So I opened up to Psalm 21 this morning. Check out how King David speaks the ultimate truth here... man, this is so good. How true is this Psalm in my life right now! It's my biggest prayer and the Lord just told me that I am prophesing my future at Regent University!
"O Lord, the king rejoices in your strength. How great is his joy in the victories you give! You have granted him the desire of his heart and have not withheld the request of his lips. You welcomed him with rich blessings and placed a crown of pure gold on his head. He asked you for life, and you gave it to him- length of days, for ever and ever. Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty. Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence (yes!). For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High HE WILL NOT BE SHAKEN.
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!
I love how this Psalm speaks of the glory of God! In regards to giving a notice at work in FAITH that I will be accepted and enrolled in on-campus housing this August, it's a time where wordly, unfaithful people are telling me I'm crazy, too young and naive to make "big" decisions without consulting "adults", I'm in for some "big" disappointments- the Lord is using this psalm to encourage my heart! GUESS WHAT PEOPLE? I OBEY JESUS and follow HIS calling on my life, not yours! A
nd here's another interesting tidbit. I couldn't figure out why the Lord led me to read Ezra as well today. But, after a divine revelation here's what He showed me:Chapter 4 in the book of Ezra in the Old Testament describes three different strategies used to hinder God's people.
1) Those in opposition of those who wanted to rebuild the Temple offered help that would lead to compromises or even a complete takeover of the project by unbelievers
2) Unbelievers discourage, frighten and frustrate God's people
3) They use official power to force them to stop doing God's work

Isn't interesting that while everyone surrounding me who chooses to tell me "you need my imput, my "wisdom" to make your decisions", chooses to discourage, attempt to frighten and frustrate God's plans for my life and use their positions in the business world to threaten my future DOESN'T SHAKE MY FAITH! As it didn't shake the faith of those who wanted to rebuild the Temple over 2000+ years ago... and guess what? THEY DID IT. Nehemiah went on to rebuild the temple a few years later. With God's prompting and direction, IT CAME TO PASS. And my attending Regent and getting my degree will, too!

Just as the apostle Paul encouraged young Timothy, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech,in life, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

It's a wonder I can't include ya'll in my victories - you refuse to be a part of them! Stop doubting, and BELIEVE! Just BELIEVE! Watch how He unfolds His promise of being faithful to the faithful (Psalm 18:25)!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.