Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, June 18, 2007

Will you be a part of my victory? Part 2

I'm learning so much about real faith as I trust God in this latest transition to Virginia Beach, Va. Below are a few scriptures empowering me to walk this transition out in faith. First is a scripture God led me to months ago, the next few were spoken to me through other people and the last is a verse I've loved for as long as I can remember. These are the very verses of scripture that God has embedded on my heart to walk me through this transition this fall.

"Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." -Hebrews 11:1

God said to Abraham "Leave everything you have behind. Go and I'll show you what I have for you." And get this next verse... "AND I WILL MAKE OF YOU A GREAT NATION and i will bless you and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing..." -Genesis 12:1-2

"Behold! I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." - Isaiah 43:19

"To Him, Who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work in us." -Ephesians 3:20

(These are all scriptures spoken to me, by God, through people. They are confirmations of my heart's passion to follow His leading to Regent University)In the first verse in the book of Genesis God told Abraham to GO, without giving him any idea of what was to come beyond that command. He also promised Abraham that He would bless him AFTER he went (AND i will make of you a great nation...). Just like Abraham, I don't know what the next step is. All I know is that He told me to GO, and that I belong at Regent. Like Abraham, I am taking the first step of faith. Immediately after I knew Regent was where He wanted me, I applied. Before I was accepted I gave my notice at work. Before I was admitted into student housing I gave my notice to my landlord.While everyone else tells me I don't know what I'm doing, I say "No, I don't. But God does."By the end of the first week of June my acceptance and admittance into student housing should be confirmed by the University.

Listen! God doesn't get in the boat we limit Him from- He shows up when you get OUT of the boat! Taking the first step of faith enables God to show you the second step He has lined up for you. He said to Abraham "Go for yourself away from your country, from our relatives and your father's house, to the land that I will show you." He said GO! So, GO first!

Everyone's saying sarcastically, "Well, Kellie, what are you going to do with your degree? and Usually people have a place to live before they move." (You've seen the questions in Part1 of Will you be a part of my victory?)Here's the truth about that question, though. I don't know. What I do know is He laid Professional Communication on my heart, placed the desire in me to speak among several other things, so I chose that as my major. My response to the question about the job after I get my degree is "God will show me." And I sit confidently assure of that, based on what I know and understand of God's Word. How do I know that? Because I've taken the first step of faith already!

If Abraham bowed to fear the rest of the story in Genesis wouldn't have come to pass. He would never have experienced God as his Shield and his great compensation, and he would never have received his exceedingly great reward (Genesis 15:1). -Joyce Meyer

In all honesty, I didn't feel and still am not fearful about this transition. I know that I know that I know and always knew from day one that my God will carry me through and bring me to a place where I can walk on my own. If the same God who gave me everything I prayed for in my apartment and healed me of CANCER after I fervently prayed for and fully believed Him to, He can surely prove faithful again! And again! And again!If He brought me to it, He'll bring me through it!

You know, the word "fear" means to run from. Do you know the only way to overcome it is to step out against it? Whatever you run from will chase you until it's confronted and dealt with. I encourage you to take a step. God is the only living man who won't leave you stranded, IF you fully surrender and trust Him.

Ask Him for the courage to take a step of faith in your circumstance. Watch Him pull you through it! Joyce Meyer says it this way, "Understanding that His will for you is revealed a step at a time should build your confidence to do at least what you already know to do. After the first few steps, your faith will grow because you will realize there is always sure footing beneath each step God instructs you to take."Whether you know it or not, God is busy bringing good things to pass for you, right this minute! Just give him time- and you will see. -Joyce Meyer

Again I ask, Will YOU be a part of my victory?

(I pulled some of what I wrote from Joyce Meyer's message during "The Confident Woman" conference she spoke at recently. You can find more of her inspiring messages at www.joycemeyer.org)

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.