Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another wild night at church

Wow. I just got back from an extraordinary night service in church. Gordon Robertson gave an excellent word on developing intimacy with Christ--my FAVORITE topic of choice! (and the one I believe I, myself, will be speaking about one day) It's the foundation for which the rest of our lives are built. Without seeking the face of Christ so we can feel the heart of Christ, our lives are not being lived in the fullness of their capacity. Don't know about you, but I sure want to walk in the destiny God has for me, so let the seeking continue!

We finished the night with a fire tunnel and more worship--ah, too good for MY own good ;) A fire tunnel is an avenue to receive and experience the power of God through the Holy Spirit. Everyone lines up in two lines facing each other and one person from one line walks down through the center (the next person follows, and so on until everyone gets prayed over), to the end of the 'tunnel', while having hands layed on hima nd being prayed over by everyone in both lines for the infilling of the Holy Spirit. Fire tunnels are so much stinkin' fun to me haha I love getting drunk in the Holy Spirit! Don't be fooled, though, this isn't some "funky thing Christians do", it is POWERFUL! The Bible says ask and you shall receive. So, we ask for the manifestations of the Holy Spirit and we get them. As we fall to the ground, jump up and down, cry, or yell praises to our King... ;) Ha, who needs alcohol to have fun, anyway?! God's way of getting drunk is much cheaper, much more fun, and approved by Him ;)

I had my Facebook opened when I got home, and a friend from church messaged me. He's on staff at the church, and we've only met offically once or twice, but apparently he's heard things about me and the Holy Spirit has revealed some things to Him about me. I could hardly believe what I was hearing! He saw me sitting in the church while the rest of the people went through the fire tunnel and said he was surpised I wasn't in there praying for people since I'm so wired and built for ministry. (Gordon said we could either soak--sit in your chair or lay on the floor and spend some sweet time with Jesus--or get wild in the Spirit, and I, unusually, chose soaking tonight instead of getting wild in the Spirit and was just feeling like laying down and allowing God to speak... but of course the church picked getting wild and crazy, so I just stayed where I was, worshipping and praying in the Spirit... if it weren't for my desire to soak, I'da totally been up there getting funky drunk in the Holy Spirit haha) I told him Pastor Dan's sermon hit me a little hard this morning (about SLOWING DOWN and resting) and I was overtired so I just wanted to soak. He went on to share how I am built for ministry; my authenticity and transparency reaches others; and even my outgoing, fun personality inspires and encourages him. Again, I barely know this new friend of mine, so everything he sees in me is only a distant observation.

August is the month of prayer at our church, so there are several opportunities to pray, listen to speakers, connect with God and just recharge my spirit. I participate because I love Jesus with all my heart, love worshipping with my church family and other believers, and especially during this time of transition (more on that in the next day or two) in my life I need to continue building my faith in prayer. I cannot tell you how encouraged I was to hear my friend say those words about me. It set me off in another praisefest that got my eyes off of my current situation--I needed to hear it! (don't tell me God's timing isn't everything) My prayer since day ONE of being a mirror image of Jesus is being answered day by day. Everything my friend said reinforces the fact that I am where I am for a reason and a season. And, that others really are watching us and will likely imitate us (children, too), especially when we don't have the slightest clue they're interested in our lives. I refuse to let anyone look down on me because I'm young--I want to set an example for the believers in faith, speech, life, love and purity ( 1 Timothy 4:12) Again and again, Thank-You Jesus for the power of Your transformation!

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.