Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, August 30, 2008

A night in jail? Or God's favor? .... I pick God's favor!

Wow, I never thought I'd come so close to being thrown in prison! Katie and I decided we wanted to be bad tonight, since we don't get to do it very often, so we intentionally sat at a forbidden lake.... I'm KIDDING! Well, about the being bad and "intentional" part ;)

We grabbed Starbucks and wanted to find a nice place outside to sit and chat for a while. We hadn't seen each other for over a month and Kate thought we should check out Lake Christopher......... BAD IDEA! (but I still love ya, girl, ha)

It was dark when we got there, and since we were already talking, we didn't even think about looking for signs at the lake. We saw another couple sitting by the water, so we figured it was okay. (Another bad idea) We also had no idea it was illegal to be at that particular lake if you didn't live in that neighborhood...

We'd been talking for about an hour an a half when an extremely vicious (and I mean VICIOUS, she had no mark of mercy on her) officer walked up to us and told us we were breaking the law by trespassing. I asked her if we missed signs, and with the cauckiest attitude I've ever experienced she said "uh, yeah, about three of them over there"... Then she commanded us to get our ID's, which were in my car (which I also couldn't find at the time because we had walked so far, which also did not look very good on my part). On my way over, my spirit told me Virginia law is much different than Pennsylvania law (HA..HA.... re-heally, Kellie?) so I prayed for favor with this mean lady as I grabbed our purses. When I got back her personality completely changed; she was like "You're lucky I'm in a good mood now for some reason, otherwise you'da been fined $2500, arrested and thrown in prison for a year for criminal trespassing... I need you to sign this as a suspect, but it's just a warning. If I see you again, I won't be so nice" ....... ??!!!!! What??!!! I started praising Jesus in my head as I nodded and said "yes, mam"!

Katie and I looked at each other and smiled because we so knew we both just individually prayed for favor and got it. Whew, those "arrow" prayers that Nehemiah shot to heaven during his talk with the king are POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE! Just like the prayer of a righteous man! I hope I mean something to you and you're as grateful as I am that I'm not locked up for a year ;)
Lesson learned? God's favor is incredible (as always) and, ALWAYS LOOK FOR SIGNS!!!! ;)

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Kellie Borden, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.